Located in the heart of Downtown Sheboygan across from the Theatre, The Berkshire is the perfect venue for your wedding ceremony + reception, rehearsal dinner, or welcome party! Our historic venue boasts beautiful exposed cream city brick walls, soaring ceilings, original iron beams, large windows, main ballroom and an intimate loft.
To rent The Berkshire we require a Room Rental Fee, along with a Food & Beverage Minimum. Pricing will depend on time of year and day or the week. For Pricing, Please Contact our Event Coordinator at (920) 627-6648 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Wedding Room Rental will include:
*Two floors of usable, climate controlled, versatile space.
*On-site staff for entirety of rental time to ensure your day runs smoothly as well as to maintain cleanliness of facility, restocking and vendor facilitation.
*Have up to 6 people attend your food tasting. Choose options from our menus to help you select your ideal wedding meal.
*Chairs, 72” Round Tables, 8ft Banquet Tables, Cocktail Tables and Tableware
*Basic Linens – Linen color & fabric upgrades available
*Serving Staff & Bartenders
*Table & Chair Set-up & Take-down,
*String lighting above dance floor, rope lighting around room
*SONOS Sound System, Microphone, Speaker
*Mirroring Wall TV & Rolling TV
*20×20 Dance Floor
*Free Weekend Parking
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I know if my event date is available?
- We will check availability let you know!
- Call or email us! (920) 627-6648 or email@example.com
Do you offer tours?
- Yes! Just call or email to schedule an appointment!
Do you have an Elevator?
- Yes, we have an elevator in the main Berkshire entrance that can take guests to both the main floor and the Loft.
- For the start of your event an attendant will be on duty to help take your guests up to the space.
What is your room Capacity?
- We can seat up to 300-320 on our main floor for dinner. This does decrease if you need more space for items such as décor, photobooth, buffet line….
Does The Berkshire work with other vendors?
- Yes! We can offer a list of recommended vendors if you’re interested.
- We ask that you share a list of vendors with us prior to the event so we can coordinate delivery times.
May I bring in a Wedding Coordinator?
- Absolutely! Please be sure to share the coordinator’s contact information with us.
Do you offer catering? Can we bring in an outside caterer?
- We do all catering through our facility! All Food & Beverage must come through us, we do not allow outside caterers. Contact our Coordinator to see our banquet menus!
Does your chef work with dietary restrictions and food allergies?
- Yes! We take this very seriously and need to know specific details at least one week in advance.
Can I bring in a Dessert?
- Yes! You are allowed to bring in your own dessert! It must come from a licensed Bakery, that can provide proof of Liability Insurance. We do not allow any homemade items to be brought in.
Can I bring in/purchase my own alcohol?
- By law, NO;carry ins of outside beverages under any circumstances is prohibited.We have a ZERO tolerance policy and all alcohol will be confiscated without being returned.
- We are happy to order any specialty cocktails for you.
Can we host drinks to all, none or to only specific guests?
- Yes, yes and YES! We charge based on consumption for most items. You can dictate what you would like to Host or Not Host. A Cash Bar can be available for guests to purchase their own beverages, outside of what you would like to offer them.
Can we request specialty drinks?
- Yes, as long as we know a few weeks in advance.
Do you have a sound system?
- We recommend bringing in a sound company for parties above 50 guests.
- You may connect to our SONOS system via Bluetooth/Wi-Fi off of your personal phone or tablet.
What linens colors do you offer?
- Stop in the office to see our array of colors.
- We have 120” Round Tablecloths, 156” Rectangle Tablecloths and Dinner Napkins.
- We will place, fold and send linens to be laundered.
Do you have chair covers?
- Yes! There is a $3.00 fee per chair if guest assembles, they are $4.00 each if our staff assembles them. We have a few different colors and styles you can choose from. You are welcome to rent from an outside company or bring in your own also.
How much are we allowed to decorate?
- You are able to bring in as much decor as you would like.
- You are allowed to hang items from the beams or certain areas of the wall or brick. Command Strips, Fishing Line, Zip Ties and Twine work best. You will be charged for any damage to walls or paint. All items needing assembly/ladder assistance will require a $50 per hour Hanging Fee by The Berkshire staff. For liability/insurance purposes we cannot have anyone on ladders.
- Candles are permitted. They need to be in glass, and unscented. No open flames allowed.
- We ask for no overly messy confetti or loose glitter… ext.
Do we need to provide our own centerpieces?
- Yes, we do not currently have any centerpiece items available.
How do I know if I can afford a wedding at The Berkshire?
- You choose your ideal menu and we will send you a quote within 24-48 hrs.
When do I pay what?
- A Security Deposit of $1,500 (non-refundable) is due upon signing our Wedding Contract. The security deposit will be deducted from your final bill.
- A Second Depositof your Room Rental Fees is due 6 months prior to your contracted date.
- A Fixed Cost Paymentis due (1) Week Prior to your contracted date. This will include guaranteed food & beverage counts, rentals, taxes/service fees and any remaining charges.
- Any additional charges accrued during the wedding must be paid at the concussion of the event.
How can I pay?
- Preferably by check or cash, but we do accept credit cards. *An additional 3% charge will be applied Credit Card charges.